Thursday, February 2, 2012

I Will Read the Book of Mormon

This year, we will all be studying about the Book of Mormon, which is primarily known as the keystone of our religion. We are all encouraged to read and ponder upon this book verse by verse, chapter by chapter in order for us to truly understand the gospel of Christ and live with it.

Most of my primary students don't have their own scriptures --and that makes our class discussion harder. I feel that every child should have his or her own copy so that at a young age, he or she can search, ponder and pray about it which is why y one of my goals is to provide the kids in our ward their own Book of Mormon. I always tell the children, especially those who already have their own copy, to always take good care of this book, as this book contains the word of God.

In order to help motivate the children to have a daily scripture reading, I made some bookmarks (that I will be distributing together with the book) that they can use. I do hope that these small crafts can somehow remind and encourage them  not to take scripture reading for granted.

You can also print these bookmarks or create your own. :)







I did not sail with the brother of Jared in crossing an ocean, settling in a new world.


I did not hear King Benjamin speak his angelically delivered sermon.


I did not proselyte with Alma and Amulek nor witness the fiery death of innocent believers.


I was not among the Nephite crowd who touched the wounds of the resurrected Lord,nor did I weep with Mormon and Moroni over the destruction of an entire civilization.


But my testimony of the Book of Mormon and the peace it brings to the human heart is as binding as was theirs. I declare to the world that the Book of Mormon is true, that it came forth the way Joseph said it came forth and was given to bring happiness and hope to the faithful in the latter days. 


-By Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles



Happy printing! Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment